Wednesday 11 May 2011

Preparation for 2011

As Scruffy has been re-homed and we still have the Berlingo, I thought it could be good to see how easy it is to "convert" the car to sleep in.

We love camping but find that comfortable sleeping is an issue. So I researched the internet and came across this wonderful idea: http://youtu.be/Oyffv623TDA and the practical "How to" at http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/self-build.html.

Over the Easter Holidays, I get an extra 2 days at the University, I went about creating my own bed base. My materials cost about £70.00 and I had it completed in two days.




Here is the finished product, designed in three sections, the section nearest the rear door is deeper than those in the instructions as I wanted to leave this one in the car when the seats are returned to their normal position.


It fits nicely across the width of the car - 4ft.



Built on legs so that we can store items underneath and designed with moddile legs to help support our combined weight!

And here is a view from the side. Now we are looking forward to trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment